9:00 AM we will pick you up from your hotel in Cusco and head to the town of Maras and the agricultural experimentation platforms of Moray. It is believed that in this fascinating area, the Incas created their own micro-climate to adapt plants, flowers, and many other products from different parts of the Inca Empire. After this we will make a visit to the salt mines “salineras” located just below Maras. These mines are still working and the farmers work in them during the day. Return to Cusco visit the colonial temple of Chinchero and its famous artisan market, Here also tourists can be part of the wonderful demonstration of the natural dyeing of wool, which are dyed naturally with plants, seeds and minerals.
The tour ends in Cusco 1:30 PM approximately. Upon our arrival in Cusco we will leave them in their respective hotels.
The tour starts at 9:00 am with the pick up from your hotel in Cusco. Then, we’ll head back towards the picturesque town of Maras, district of the province of Urubamba at 3,300 masl. Located at 52km from the city of Cusco, houses with the most important salt mines of the region being exploited since Inca times and the colonial period, which was the first producing salt center.
It is located 7 km from Maras, two hours from Cusco by Chinchero route which is one of the most spectacular views where there are circular terraces of different sizes. These are experimental agricultural terraces and places of concentration of female energy, which is considered as a magnetic center of the Pachamama.
SALT MINES OF MARAS.
Located northwest of the town of Maras, known by some as “Salt Mines”, they are constituted by about 3,000 small wells. The salt is obtained from pre-Hispanic times through a system of sun-dried salt water from an underground stream. Once the water evaporated, the salt is ready for sale.
CRAFT MARKET OF CHINCHERO.
This town is located at 28 km. From Cusco on the paved road to Urubamba where are the remains of what was the “Royal Hacienda of Tupac Inca Yupanqui”, it is like a beautiful colonial temple built on Inca foundations, its greatest asset. However, it is its Sunday market, originally dedicated to the exchange of agricultural products between the villagers of the valley and the high end. Currently, the market is a spectacle of colour and movement that causes the fascination of tourists with its range of handicrafts and textiles made of pure pre-Columbian style.
End of the services.
- Pick-up from the hotel.
- Tourist transport.
- Official Tour Guide Service in English and Spanish.
- Entrance tickets to all places to visit
- Transfer to your hotel at the end of the tour.
Food and beverages.
- Bring original passport “With expiration date not less than 7 months”
- Wear sneakers or light/tennis shoes.
- Bottle of water “canteen”
- Drink plenty of fluids during your excursions.
- Carry a raincoat (long poncho) during the rainy season.
- Wear long-sleeved shirts.
- Wear long pants.
- Carry sunscreen and brimmed hat for sunny days.
- Carry binoculars.
- Carry sunglasses and plastic bags.
- Carry medicine and / or personal items (liquid for contact lenses).
- Carry a backpack or lightweight suitcase (no weight limit between 5-6 kilos maximum).
- Carry a camera or camcorder.
- Have on hand checks in small denominations and coins in soles or dollars.